15 titles from all over the world will compete for the Platynowy Łucznik in the International Short Film Competition.
With the launch of the FREEDOM Film Festival and the expansion of the main competition part by an international section, KAMERALNE LATO has gained a new dimension. Just like last year, during this year’s edition the Radom audience will be able to watch not only selected short films from Poland, but also from various places all around the globe. This time we will show productions from Australia, Finland, the Philippines or Israel. Here is the list of the titles which have qualified for the International Short Film Competition:
INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM COMPETITION – official selection
- 2 OR 3 THINGS I DON’T KNOW ABOUT HER – dir. by Sabrina Idiri Chemloul, prod. La Cellule Productions, France / Qatar 2022;
- ALKIBIADES – dir. Robert Kwilman, prod. Film School in Łódź, Poland 2022;
- BACK – dir. Yazan Rabee, prod. Prospektor / Artillerie & De Ontmoeting, Netherlands 2022;
- BLACK PEIDER – dir. Jukka Vidgren, prod. Mutant Koala Pictures, Finland 2022;
- DAYDREAMING SO VIVIDLY ABOUT OUR SPANISH HOLIDAYS – dir. Christian Avilés, prod. Escac Films, Spain 2022;
- HITO – dir. Stephen Lopez, prod. Sound Goat Films / Anima Studios, Philippines 2023;
- I’M ON FIRE – dir. Michael Spieccia, prod. MJZ, USA / Australia 2022;
- LETTER TO A PIG – dir. Tal Kantor, prod. The Hive Studio / Miyu Productions, France / Israel 2022;
- LITURGY OF ANTI-TANK OBSTACLES – dir. Dmytro Sukholytkyy-Sobchuk, prod. Daniel Lombroso for The New Yorker, Ukraine / USA 2022;
- MOODY – dir. Karolina Karwan, Tomasz Ratter, prod. Studio Munka SFP, Poland 2022;
- LIVE – dir. Mara Tamkovich, prod. Wajda Studio, Poland / Belarus 2022;
- THIS IS FREEDOM ROAD – dir. Alex Tiernan, prod. You Are Here, UK 2022;
- TWO SHORE – dir. Mateusz Subieta, Ewa Rodart, prod. Mint Film, Poland 2023;
- WILD SUMMON – dir. Karni Arieli, Saul Freed, prod. Sulkybunny, United Kingdom 2023;
- YURA – dir. Vladyslav Deva, prod. Warszawska Szkoła Filmowa, Poland / Ukraine 2023.
The professional jury, consisting of Krzysztof Zanussi (chairman), Lena Góra and Agnieszka Glińska, will decide who will get the Platynowy Łucznik. The jury’s verdict will be announced on 8 July 2023 during the final ceremony. The Radom audience will traditionally have an opportunity to watch all competition films during free, open screenings at the Mazovian Centre for Contemporary Art Elektrownia in Radom.
The Polish National Filmmeetings KAMERALNE LATO and the accompanying FREEDOM Film Festival will take place form 2 to 8 July 2023.
The main organiser of the Polish National Filmmeetings KAMERALNE LATO is the FILMFORUM Association.
The project was co-financed with funds from the budget of the Mazovian Voivodeship as part of the Mazovian Voivodeship Programme of Prevention and Solving of Alcohol Problems and Counteracting Drug Addiction.
The project was co-financed by the City of Radom.
The project is co-financed by: Polish Film Institute, the Embassy of the United States of America in Warsaw and the Filmoteka Narodowa – Instytut Audiowizualny.
The international educational project TOGETHER is co-financed by the European Union.
The co-organisers of the event are: the Mazovia Centre for Social Policy and Radom Creative Environments Club and Gallery “ŁAŹNIA”.
Main partners of the event are: American Corner Radom, Jan Kochanowski Powszechny Theatre in Radom and Municipal Cultural Center Amphitheater.
Industry partners of the festival are: Polish Filmmakers Association, Mazovia Institute of Culture and Mazovia Warsaw Film Commission.
Educational partners are: Offener Kanal Magdeburg (Germany), Kinographe (France), Associazione Cinematografica e Culturale LABORATORIO DEI SOGNI (Italy), CinemaHall (Ukraine), Polish-American Fulbright Commission and Education USA.
The partner of the Mazovian Social Prevention Programme is Regional Police Headquarters based in Radom.
The festival’s technology partners are: CANON and Canon Professional Services (CPS).
The logistical partner of the event is KIA Plejada.
Organising partners of the event are: Pracownia Nowych Mediów, Hufiec ZHP Radom-Miasto and Mazovian Centre of Contemporary Art Elektrownia in Radom.
The official Festival Club of the 16th Polish National Film Meetings KAMERALNE LATO is PaTaThai Radom.